24 de enero de 2023

Bird intenerary

Day 1

4:00 am-5:00 am Getting up and ready for the day
5:00 am-6:00 am on the way to phoenix sky harbor airport
6:00 am-6:45 am check my bags and go through security
6:45 am-7:00 am getting breakfast at mcdonalds in the airport
7:00 am-8:00 am waiting at the gate to board the plane
8:00 am-8:30 am waiting for plane to depart
8:30am-12:30am on plane and plane landed at JFK international airport
12:30pm-12:40pm getting out of the plane

12:40 pm-1:00 pm renting a car and leaving the airport
1:00pm-1:45pm driving to hotel
1:45 pm-2:00 pm arrive to The manhattan at Times Square Hotel
2:00pm-3:00pm relax
3:00pm-3:45pm went to eat at Chick Fil A

3:45 pm-4:30 pm walking around manhattan
4:30pm-5:30am traveled to see brooklyn bridge.
5:30pm-6:30pm drove back to the hotel.
6:30pm-7:00pm get to the room and hop in the shower.

7:00pm-7:30pm shower/get ready for bed.
7:30pm-8:00pm on my phone
8:00 pm relax and go to sleep.
I got the day started by getting ready and making sure I had everything at 4:00 am. We will get out of bed, clean my teeth, wash my face, and change into comfortable clothing for the long day and airline travel as I was doing this. We will say goodbye to my pets and leave the house by the time it is five in the morning. The airport was approximately an hour's drive away, so by the time we arrive, it will be around 6:00 am. I took my luggage out of the car and started to make my way into Phoenix Sky Harbor. Surprisingly, the airport is going to be crowded when I arrive because there are going to be so many people traveling that day. It will approximately be 6:15 when I finish waiting in the baggage line. Then, since I knew security would take some time, it was around 6:45 when we finally made it through security. In order to refuel for the flight, we are going to go to the McDonald's next to my gate after setting my belongings down and feeling a little peckish. We will buy an egg sausage biscuit and orange juice. We are gonna take off at 8:30 a.m. after we get on the plane at 8 a.m. We're finally gonna arrive at JFK at about 12:30 pm after traveling for 4-5 hours on a plane. It’s gonna take us 10 minutes to land at 12:40pm. I will exit the aircraft and start walking to the vehicle rental agency. When my father and I travel the 45 minutes to the hotel, it’s going to be around 1:45 pm when we arrive. When I leased the car, it was 1:00 pm. I rested in my hotel room from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. because I know i'm going to be exhausted, but after a while I got up and went to Chick Fil A with my father from 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. When we finish eating, we will explore Manhattan for about an hour before the brooklyn bridge, which is another hour away. By the time we returned to the hotel after driving back for an hour, it was 6:30. After relaxing for ten minutes in my room, I will take a shower for 20 minutes. I will then prepare for bed, spend a short time on my phone, and fall asleep around 8:00 pm.

Day 2

9:00am wake up
9:00 am-9:30 am get ready for the day
9:30 am-10:15am go to lobby and eat breakfast
10:15 am-10:35am drive to the birding site
10:35 am-10:40 arrived to bryant park and get everything out of car
10:45 am-2:30pm bird watching
2:30 pm-3:30pm go for lunch at “The smith” in manhattan
3:30 pm-3:50pm drive back to bryant park
3:50 pm-4:00 pm arrive to park and preparing to bird watch once again
4:00 pm-6:00pm bird watch
6:00 pm- finished bird watching
6:00 pm-6:30 pm on my way to grab something to eat
6:30 pm-7:15 pm arrive to Ruppet Jee’s Hello Deli and order aa chopped cheese to eat
7:15 pm-7:30 pm arrive to hotel and go to my room
7:30pm-8:15pm take shower and get ready for bed
8:30pm- go to sleep
At nine in the morning when we are first going to wake up, we're gonna prepare for the day. Take a shower to get clean and awake, and then I'm going to proceed to change into some everyday clothing that I will wear all day. I went down to the lobby at 9:30 and ate breakfast till 10:15 am then departed and drove about 25 minutes to the birding site Bryant Park. I arrived around 10:35, and I'm gonna get out of the car and get everything ready. I will then begin observing birds around 10:45 am and complete it at about 2:30 pm. We are going to get ready at 2:30 and leave for Manhattan's "the smith," where I will be eating from 2:30 to 3:30. We then returned to the location after lunch, where we will start bird watching between 4:00 and 6:00. After finishing, We will repack all of my belongings and put them in my car. Since I was now starving, we will proceed to Ruppet Jee's Hello Deli to buy some lunch. When we leave the deli after placing my order for a chopped cheese, it was after 6:30 p.m. Around this time it will be pretty late so we will drive back to the hotel, take a shower, and prepare for bed. then 8:30 p.m. lights out.

Day 3

9:30am wake up
9:30am-10am get ready for the day
10am-10:30am go down to lobby to eat breakfast
10:30am-11:15am leave hotel and drive to go see the statue of liberty
11:15-11:40 get our ticket on the line
11:40-1:00pm get on boat and went to explore the statue of liberty
1:00pm-1:20pm got back to shore and drove to see The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum.
1:20 pm-2:00 pm walked around the whole museum and visited almost every gravestone I could
2:00pm-3:00pm just walked around central park
3:00pm-3:45pm we drove back to hotel to go relax
3:45pm-4:00pm was outside of my hotel seeing a man dance and play the guitar
4:00pm-6:30pm relaxed in my hotel room
6:30 pm-6:45 went out to eat with my father
6:45 pm-8pm got to cheesecake factory and ate
8:00 pm-8:15 pm drove back to hotel
8:15-8:40 pm got clean and got ready for bed
9pm- went to sleep
On day 3 I am going to wake up around 9:30 am. I will get ready for the day and finish getting ready around 10am. I will begin to get hungry so I'm gonna leave to the lobby and eat some breakfast. By the time I'm finished it will be 10:30. I’m going to leave the hotel at 11:15 to go to the Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty was 45 minutes away so we arrive at 11:15. Me and my father plan on waiting in line for a little while for tickets and before you knew it we were already on the boat on our way to see the statue of liberty. We plan on being there for about an hour and 20 minutes, when we get to the shore me and my father are going to decide that we want to go see The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum. So we did, we almost visited every grave stone but we had to leave due to it getting late and still wanted to walk around central park. We will walk all over central park and explore for about an hour. When we are done exploring central park it will be around 3pm so we are going to decide to go back to the hotel and relax. When we get back to the hotel there was an old man dancing and playing the guitar so we stopped for a little while then went back to our hotel room from 4pm-6:30pm. After relaxing for a little while, my father and I then went to the cheesecake factory from 6:45-8pm. It was getting late so we went back to the hotel and got ready for bed.

Day 4

9:30am-10:00am woke up and got ready for the day
10:00 am -12:00 pm went to ihop with my father\
12:00 pm-1:30 went to central park again
1:30-2:30pm drove an hour to see the vessel
2:30pm-:3:30pm was on the vessel exploring each floor
3:30pm-3:45pm got off vessel and got some crapes
3:45 pm-5:00 pmm- went indoor ice skating
5:00pm-6:00pm drove back to hotel to go chance
6:00pm-7:00pm dressed up
7:00 pm-7:15 pm drove to carbellos restaurant
7:15 pm-8:45 pm ate dinner
8:45 pm-9:00 pm drove back to hotel
9:00 pm-9:30 got ready for bed
9:45pm lights out

Day 4 began with me waking up at 9:30 in the morning. After finishing up my preparations, we are going to head to lunch with my father from 10 am until 12 pm. At the same time there will be a world cup game going on and it will be broadcasted in central park on a large screen, so my father and I are going to return there to watch the event. By 1:30, we will leave Central Park, and my father and I decided that we wanted to board the ship. We will go on the vessel, a substantial building with several storeys and lights that is famous for offering breathtaking views of New York City. At 3:30, we will disembark the ship, and a short distance away was an indoor skating rink, so we also will spend a little time there. We will stay there for an hour, but since my father and I were planning to go out to dine later that day, we are going to return to the hotel to freshen off as we had all gotten wet from falling so frequently. From 6 till 7 o'clock we will remain at the hotel. When we leave the restaurant, at 8:45 p.m., it was after we had driven 15 minutes to get there. We return to the hotel, get ready for bed, and go to sleep because my flight will be the next day.

Day 5
8:00am-9:00am got up and packed to leave to the airport
9:00am-10:00am brough all of our stuff down to the lobby and we ate breakfast
10:00am-10:45am traveled to airport
10:40 am-11:30 am went through security and checked my bags
11:30am-1pm waited at the gate to aborred plane.
1:00 pm-1:15 pm aborted plane
1:30pm plane took off
1:30am-5:30pm on plane back to Arizona
5:30pm-6:15pm landed and left airport
6:15 pm-7:00 pm drove back home
7:00 arrived back home and ate

The day will begin at 8:00 when my dad and I will prepare and pack everything. We then will transport everything to the lobby where we are going to eat breakfast. Since it was a 45-minute journey, we will depart at 10 am and arrive around 10:45 am. At 11:30, we are going to pass through security and arrive at my gate. After waiting for an hour to board the aircraft, we will take off back to New York at 1:30. After finally arriving back in New York after a 4-5 hour flight. We are going to get off the plane, and my mother will come to pick us up. We had a 45-minute vehicle ride before we arrived back at home.

Publicado el enero 24, 2023 07:50 TARDE por douglas305 douglas305 | 0 comentarios | Deja un comentario

27 de octubre de 2022

The life of a toad

On september 2nd 2022 it was a regular Friday night and I was walking back to my dorm after my practice. When walking up my stairs I heard something from the distance and it appeared to be coming from the grass. I had a feeling it was a toad. I proceeded to walk down the stairs then began to turn on my flash to see where it was. When walking around I finally found the toad there on the grass with its back turned to me. The toad was a greenish brownish color with many rough dots on its back. I proceeded to slowly walk over to it step by step and realized that it looked very dry, unlike frogs that are usually very slimy. As I got even closer I had a feeling that it would try to keep its distance and try to run away, just like I said it hopped away onto the concrete. A few of my teammates then began to come over as well, one of them named Diego began to tell me that some toads are poisonous so that's when I began to take a few steps back and left back to my dorm.

In my research I learned that toads are harmless to humans if we just don’t bother them. Toad is a common name for certain frogs, especially of the Bufondiea family. Toads have pretty short legs and are usually the same size or smaller than a regular frog. Since they have such short legs they do not like to hop away when they move. They prefer to crawl just because it makes it easier for them to move around. Toads have pretty rough skin unlike frogs that usually have smooth and slimy skin. These toads are commonly either brown and green have crests behind their eyes, but also have warts mostly on their backs.
Toads are usually found in grassland like fields and infront of peoples yards, something that I also learned from toads is they almost only eat insects most of the time due to them not having any teeth at all. Usually people can't identify if it's a frog or not but something that I found out when doing research is that toads are nocturnal, their size is somewhat different from a frog and they have shorter heads than frogs. These creatures usually have a lifespan between 10-15 years and also don't usually make it that far due to them getting killed and eaten. People who have eaten toads before, say that they taste very nasty and also have very sticky tongues. Another very interesting fact that I found out about these toads is they eat their own skin. The toads kingdom is: Animalia, Phylum: Chordata, Class: Amphibia, Order: Anura, Family: Bufonidae, Genus: Bufo Garsault, and Specie: Bufo Bufo.
The toad’s main predators are snakes. Snakes are very dangerous and are the reason why most toads don't live a full life. Toads are usually born in water and only go back to the water to breed during mating season, when they lay eggs they lay them in strings. Something really good about these creatures is since their shade is brown they can camouflage with their surroundings and hide from predators. Toads don't need their noses to breathe out because they are able to breathe out through their skin. This is very helpful because just in case their nose stops working somehow they will still be able to breathe. Toads are ambush predators, meaning they sit back and wait for food to come to them. Female toads make a special sound/call when they lay their eggs to inform the male that they do not want to mate, just by them making that certain sound keeps the males away.

(n.d.). https://toadsnfrogs.com/toad-facts/

Publicado el octubre 27, 2022 09:19 TARDE por douglas305 douglas305 | 0 comentarios | Deja un comentario

A walk in nature

The day I went out with Mr.Cooper I observed a bunch of wildlife. I was on campus and It was very hot. When we were walking around campus I saw, felt, smelled, and heard many different things when walking around. There were beautiful purple, pink and blue plants around the campus. However, even though they were planted by humans, I really enjoyed looking at all the beautiful colors. I also heard a few birds and I took a picture of one. It had gray and blue feathers and it was also pretty skinny. I smelled some flowers and trees. They smelled so sweet and delicious. Another thing I saw was a fly. I took a perfect picture of it. It had a beautiful green head and a camouflage back. The only object of its body that I did not like was its antennas and its legs. They were really weird. By weird I mean they were small but looked slimy and they would move so fast. The antennas were less weird looking but still were pretty nasty. Lastly I saw a road runner. I did not have the chance to take a picture but it was still pretty cool. It was my first time seeing a roadrunner. This was my experience on a nature walk with Mr. Cooper’s biology class.

Publicado el octubre 27, 2022 09:13 TARDE por douglas305 douglas305 | 0 comentarios | Deja un comentario